Thursday, September 23, 2010

Peace O Pi

Hello Citizens, how is life treating you? I am doing pretty good now that the weather has cooled down. I won't start that rant again.

My other half loves pies. So for his birthday I baked a pecan pie for him, one of his favorites. This past weekend I baked a peach pie for him. Earlier in the summer I baked a gooseberry pie. He likes pies a lot. When we first moved to the "Farm" he planted gooseberry bushes so I could make him a pie. He also planted a persimmon tree. Well the darn thing is loaded and ready to be picked. Persimmons for those of you who don't know are a little larger than a golf ball, a lovely dusted orange color and tart enough to pucker every orifice on your body. Like gooseberries, I don't care for persimmons either. I am however going to process these into pulp and freeze it for goodies this winter. Part of my problem is that my freezer is full. I need to have a big cook out or something to get rid of stuff so I will have room in the freezer. Somehow that does not make much sense to me.

Another favorite of the hubby's is grape pie. Now don't wrinkle up your nose and say, I have never heard of that. If you like grape jelly, you would love grape pie. It is a bit of a pain to make but worth every minute of time. My problem this year is that my grapes got sprayed and I have none. There is a farmers market about 35 miles from me but I would have to buy 1/2 a bushel of Concord grapes they are the little purple monsters. That is a lot of grapes let me tell you.

I'll get back to you next week on how it all turned out. I am going to try and post a picture of the pecan pie. Not sure I know how. Well I tried and could not do it. I will try again another time. Until next time, take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment