Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hellooooooooooooo again.

Hi everyone,
I think this years resolution is going to be to write a blog post at least once a week. I keep trying to do that but just never get to it. This past week while out doing errands I thought, I should blog about this. Did I blog about it, no? This time of year in this new Millennium too many folks just seem to have lost all of what the season is all about.

This year I have received a couple of emails titled; Where is the line to see Jesus? It is very timely and too the point. Now I am not a person that does not believe in Santa Clause but I do think as adults we need to see to it that the meaning of "Christmas" is not lost in the "Holiday".

I have a story book and a snow globe that I got years ago with Santa kneeling next to baby Jesus in his manger. The book tells a wonderful story and is worth checking out. So what is the name of the book you ask? Well it is in the basement packed away with the rest of my Christmas stuff.

I am not able to carry my Christmas stuff up from the basement and this year neither is my hubby. (torn pectoral muscle, ouch). As for me, after my fall on the ice last Feb. my knees just don't like stairs in numbers more than four. We also don't have much if any company at Christmas so I don't see the point of dragging all that stuff up for just the two of us. I have a couple of small trees I am going to put up, probably today. I will also put up my Nativity set as well. When I make the trek to the lower bowels of my house I will look up the name of the book for anyone that wants it.

Yesterday was a sweet & sour kind of day. We started by going to my hubby's cousins home for a Christmas lunch with family. This past year after the loss of his aunt, it was discovered that she had blessed another family with a child 60+ years ago. We were able to get in touch with him from a letter he had sent her. Unfortunately he was not able to meet his birth mother. Bob did get to meet all of the cousins and two remaining aunts though. He is a wonderful man and it has been our joy to find him, even though he spent 30 years looking for us. Back to the point, he was able to come to the lunch yesterday and be with his birth family for the first Christmas ever. I hope he enjoyed it as much as we did. Having been in a similar situation myself, I know what it means to find family that welcomes you into the fold.

The home we were at for the lunch was decorated so nicely. It truly was welcoming and cozy. The lunch was simple and delicious. Our hostess had done a bang up job of the whole affair. I thank her for all of the hard work she had to do to get ready. It was so very nice.

That was the sweet. The sour was after that when I went to my brother in law's memorial service. He was only 46 and it was so hard to see my sister so torn apart. This will be an awful Christmas for her as well as this coming year. They were not blessed with children so she is pretty much alone. If you have ever lost a close loved one you know what I mean. You can be in a room full of people and still be alone. She will constantly be in my prayers. And as for Patrick, rest in peace.

Okay, thats my post for now. There should be another within a week.

1 comment:

  1. HI SAM, THANKS FOR THE NICE COMPLIMENTS ABOUT THE LUNCH, GERI AND I AND DREW DID WORK HARD TO GET IT TOGETHER. I AM SORRY FOR YOUR SISTER'S LOSS AND DID NOT GET TO SAY SO BEFORE YOU LEFT. I HOPE YOU AND JEFF CAN CONTINUE TO COME IT WAS VERY NICE HAVING YOU BOTH THERE TO SHARE OUR HOLIDAY. IT'S GREAT HAVING BOB THERE, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF HE COULD HAVE MET DOT BEFORE SHE PASSED, BUT I GUESS IT WAS MEANT TO BE THE WAY IT IS.

    THANKS AGAIN,

    TVI

    ReplyDelete