Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Red Barron

A lot has happened since my last post. I have been diagnosed with pre diabetes, my husband had a heart attack and his younger brother passed away. Needless to say some life changing things happening here. As far as me and the big D., we are getting along okay. Learned that lesson a long time ago from a good friend with type 1. I have diabetes, it does not have me. I have dropped 30 lbs. on the diabetes diet so far and intend to keep going. So far no meds needed. As for the spousal unit and his heart we have a few more hurdles to jump before that chapter is put to bed. As for my brother in law John, he was one of a kind. He was funny yet serious when it came to his politics. Rough as a dirt road yet gentle as a lamb when needed. Oh and he was a nurse. He went into the Army later in life and was a medic. When he got out he decided to use his GI Bill to become a nurse. He was an ER nurse on the graveyard shift. There is no doubt in my mind that he was excellent at what he did. He told some stories that would make you wet your pants laughing and cry from sadness at the waste of human life. Names were never mentioned of course. This guy will be sorely missed by so many people. I don't know if I can re post one of my favorite pictures of him but I will try.
Looks like it worked. So here is my story. My brother died in 1998. Mark was a prankster. He liked to make your life interesting. So when my inside rear-view mirror was askew whenever I got in my car I just figured it was my brothers, though gone, way of messing with me and letting me know he was still around. And in case you are thinking it is the car it is not. I have had three different cars since he passed. So the day after we got the news that John had passed away Jeff and I had to go somewhere, can't remember where. I had changed the radio station to a PBS station the last time I had driven the van. I turn on the van and what is playing on the radio? The Red Barron. The picture of John is in an old Bi Plane. He loved that flight. So thanks Johnny-boy for letting us know all is well. We will all miss you forever.

1 comment:

  1. John was one of a kind and will be missed by all whose life he touched, God Speed, Beav.......

    ReplyDelete