Friday, March 9, 2012

It's Snot My Fault

I had a friend suggest to me the other day that I should write on my blog more than I do. I told her I could write everyday but it would be nothing but wanking. She was encouraging and said that would be all right. Well here goes. It is Friday so I needed to pick up some groceries for the weekend. I get them, put them on the conveyer and proceed to check out. We all go through this. The teller asks do you have a Expensive Grocery Store card? Yes I do, as I am digging it out along with my credit card. She scans the card. Paper or plastic the bagger ask? Without looking up I say plastic is fine today. I swipe my card and the cashier asks, credit or debit? Credit I say. I get 5% back on groceries this month. I finally get through the process and the bagger is waiting to carry my bags to the car. We start out of the store and honestly I still have not looked at her. We get to my vehicle and I turn and look at her, a grown woman mind you and she has snot running down her upper lip. Her lip is about the color of Santa's suit. At this point I am having a brain convulsion and trying not to throw up. My eyes had to be the size of saucers. She proceeds to tell me how she and her husband have the most terrible colds. NO KIDDING! This woman just touched every piece of my grocery order, and the bags. You may or may not remember this especially if you are a new reader. I have a few medical issues. I never get a cold, I get pneumonia or Bronchitis. I do everything I can short of wearing a Hazmat suit to avoid getting sick. I went to my grandson's grade school last week to have lunch with him. There were five other first grade germ carriers sitting at the table with us that day. As soon as I got outside I sprayed down with antiseptic germ spray. But hey, those are kids and I would do it again. It was worth it. I will go into that visit another day. Back to Typhoid Mary at the Expensive Grocery Store. Typhoid Mary, seemed a healthy woman when a health inspector knocked on her door in 1907, yet she was the cause of several typhoid outbreaks. Since Mary was the first "healthy carrier" of typhoid fever in the United States, she did not understand how someone not sick could spread disease. At least Typhoid Mary did not know she was sick. This person did. I was furious. When I got home I called the store. I ask for the manager and explained that I wanted no one to lose their job but how could no one notice or say something to this woman. He said he would look for her and that she should be easy to find from my description. I hope that he kindly sent her home. But just think how man people she may have spread her nasty, runny nose and Santa red upper lip to all ready today! So I have to thank John Quinones from What Would You Do? Why you ask? Because evidently I am the only one today that did something. I have two things to say. 1. I hope I don't get sick. 2. Look at who is bagging your groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment