Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hot - Cold - Rockford - Rifleman - Hogan - Mash and Eggs

Well it has been 48 days since my hubby had his heart attack. He has been home of course this whole time. People would ask me what I was going to do when he retired having him home all of the time? I said it would not be a problem because I am used to him being home in the summers, HOWEVER; in the summers he was healthy and was always doing some kind of hobby. Now he just sits in his chair for the majority of the time reading and watching TV. Those are doctors orders and I understand. But I am getting a little tired of hearing The Rifleman, Mash, Hogan's Hero's and The Rockford Files every day. I realize that he does not want to watch The View or The Talk or the other shows that I have on for background noise but come on. The other thorn under my saddle is we are like Jack Sprat and his wife. I am constantly sweating like I just finished a marathon and he has a sweater on. We do not have central air conditioning. We have two in the wall and one window air conditioner. That is not too bad as long as you don't want to converse with anyone. It's a little loud in here. I need to come up with a viable solution for these problems. I think I have figured it out. The on wall air conditioner is in the laundry room. I can close the door and keep it cold enough to hang meat in there so it will be fine for me, if Jeff will use the other bathroom. I can keep up on the laundry, ironing and the egg situation that way. He can sit with his cowboy/WW II/ Korea and mid 70's TV pals in the sauna we call the living room. I even have a sink in the laundry room I can do dishes in to stay out of the hot kitchen. I can put my radio out there and listen to my WGN and the horrible Cubs. The only setback, maybe two if I include the computer, will be that the cat's litter box is out there. Unless the cat learns to knock this may present a problem. I may have a solution for that as well. A week from tomorrow he will have his stress test. That will tell us the "Rest of the Story". I am hoping for the best. I'll let you know on the next blog how my plan is working out. If you are wondering what the egg situation is as mentioned above, well we have two chickens that lay two eggs a day total. That does not sound like much now does it? Let me tell you that it is a lot. Jeffie can only have maybe one a week. I too keep it down to maybe three tops. That is four eggs a week and with no breakage we get 14. Right now I have 6 dozen eggs in the refer. I have a bunch more to wash and package. I am running out of room. I used to bake a lot, but now with the big D. I don't eat sweets any more. To make anything good you need to use a fat that is bad for the hubby's heart. So baking is out. I suppose I could make noodles and give them away. Another situation to figure out. I am on it. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment