Monday, June 18, 2012

Who are you?

Well I have been making mental notes as to what to blog about. My mental notepad is pretty full of a lot of different subjects. For example; the lady going into the grocery in her jammy bottoms. There was the lady texting behind me on the expressway this weekend going 75 mph. This heat we are having with very little rain. Hubby's health. Grandmother's inner enemies. Oh the list goes on and on and ends with this. If you read my blog you know that my brother in law John passed away a month ago. He hated funerals. He felt that sadness just sucked. He wanted a party. Well last week end some very dear friends gave him his wish. They had been planning a fund raiser for him prior to his passing. Unfortunately he passed before it was scheduled. They incorporated all of those plans into a memorial party for him. It was at a lovely farm with shade trees, silos, hay bales, tree swing, lazy old dog and everything John would have just loved. Also thrown in was great food and a band. I don't know who all to thank for this wonderful event. All I can say is I KNOW that John would have loved it, and is probably pissed that he could not be there to party with the rest of us. I only got one photo on my digital camera from the event. I was shooting real film that day. My hubby took this shot. You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well after I tell you the back story you will understand. I'll try and make it short. My mom was married and divorced by the time I was 2. I never met my dad until I was 45. I searched my whole 45 years to find him. I know that battle looking for someone you are not sure will want you around or even like you is all about. Fast forward to about two years ago. My husband's aunt passed away. She was in her late 80's. It was always suspected that she had had a child and gave it away for adoption. While going through her things we found a letter from a fella who thought that she was his mom. He wanted to meet her but was respectful of her wishes if she said no. He had sent a photo along with the letter. Well she said no, but kept the picture and the letter. When her sister found the letter she ask me what I thought she should do. Of course walking in those shoes and knowing what it does to a persons soul I of course said to write to him. He was beyond happy. Came to meet all of this new family, odd as we are. He fit right in and could not look any more like his cousins if he tried. We were sure this was not a hoax of any kind. He had all the documents to back everything up. Fast forward to the memorial party. John knew about "cousin Bob" but evidently had not told his wife Sindy about Bob. Bob came to the party. The photo is when we told her who he was. So that is my posting for today. Try and stay cool as you can. I'll tell you about the pajama pants next time.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry if I gave the impression Johnboy didnt tell me. He did!!! I was just so overwhelmed that cousin Bob came to the party!!! What a blessing on top of a day full of blessings!! xox, Queenbuffness

    ReplyDelete