Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Punkin.

There are babies all over the place. Former students of my husbands and our friends children are having babies. Even on Mike and Molly the other night they were working on planting the seed. I have two reasons for writing on this subject today. The first and most important one to me is that today is our son's 40th. birthday. I could go through all of the war stories about my pregnancy and delivery but I am sure you do not want to read about it. My mom and grandmother both told me that all the pain and swollen feet and ankles will be forgotten the minute you hold that little one. They were right. Unfortunately I had gestational diabetes with him but did not know it at the time. I gained too much weight which in turn caused him to be huge. I did not care though because he was my little punkin. The one person in my life I would gladly die for, fight for and live for. And as I know now, take a shovel full of well intentioned crap from not to rock a boat. I had kind of raised my sibling because they were much younger than I was. So I guess you could say I had some practice raising children. You never have enough and like every other parent I made my share of mistakes. Mistakes which will undoubtedly traumatize our son forever. Well, get over it kid. He has his own children now to traumatize. I would do for them what I would do for him. I tell everyone that the only reason you do not kill your children when they are teenagers is so that someday you can have grandchildren. I was lucky though, our son was either very sneaky or just as good a kid as I thought he was as a teen. I really have no complaints. Whenever we go anywhere with our son and his family we get a lot of compliments on what a great man he has turned out to be. Once I get the swelling down in my head, I thank them. I have to give credit where credit is due though. Matt has done most of the work. When you reach that age where you say to yourself, wow this is on me and no one else. He took it to heart. I do so love my punkin. Now for the friends babies. Unlike my 9 lb. 13.5oz. punkin they seem to be having little tiny babies. 5 lb. or so. The are so darn cute! I feel like Miss Francis on Ding Dong School (for you younger people, google her) when I look at my FB page every day. When she would look through her mirror and do the Romper Stomper Bomper Boo, tell me tell me tell me do. Then she would say I see; Ben and Shaela and Beatrix and her sister doing their art. I see Cooper and Malcolm and Oliver and Huck. I see Ian,June,Abileen and Della. There is Finley and Kaylee and Brenden. And so on and so on. There are too many for this old brain to remember. All those little faces with such joy and hope in their eyes. A new generation of parents as well. I sure hope I get pictures in my Christmas cards this year. I may have to get a bigger refrigerator. It will be great to see all of those little ones. So bye for now, and again Happy Birthday to our son, and keep those pictures coming, I for one love to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment