Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What posseses evil?

Hello all,
I am going to blow off a lot of steam here and if you read my blog in order to laugh well this one is not it.  I am so angry with the events of April, 15th. I don't know where to start.  My husband ran a marathon about 5 years ago.  He was a long distance bicyclist and decided he wanted to run a marathon at least once in his life.  He found a training program and worked that program.  He ran in snow, rain, cold, wind and even dark.  He should have been a postal worker.  He trained hard and not to win the race, but to complete his desire to do this for himself, to just finish the race. He picked a marathon in Little Rock Arkansas to be the one to run.  It had the largest medal. I went with him.  He ran so many shorter runs that I did not go to I wanted to go cheer him on for this one because it meant so much to him.  
Do you know how far a marathon is? 26. something miles. 26 miles, think about that. I get tired riding that far in a car.  To run that far is an amazing thing. If you don't think so try riding your bike that far. It is  a LONG way.  When you think about all that goes into training for a marathon it is a big damn deal for the one doing it and their family as well.  To be at the finish line when that goal is finally accomplished is great.  Even though I did nothing I felt wonderful for my hubby when he finished his run.  Now on to my rant.
For someone, anyone to do what was done in Boston is beyond words. I saw the picture today of the young boy that lost his life. He is the same age as my grandson.  He was someone's grandson.  What had he done to get blown up, nothing?  What a shame for so many who will suffer from this forever.  Our society seems to have fallen from grace.  I was horrified on 9/11 but this act of violence has just hit me to my core.  I sat looking at that beautiful young face on my computer and was just so, so sad.   Keep your eyes open for unusual things. Be vigilant. And above all else pray.
A very sad mom, grandma, aunt, sister and wife will pray for all of the victims and that the person or persons that have done this will see the error of their ways and never do it again before they are caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment