Friday, December 30, 2011

God Bless the Little Children

As I opened my paper the other day;The Northwest Indiana Times, I see on the front page a story about a young girl from the Ft. Wayne area. Seems she had been found in pieces. They caught the person they believe responsible for dismembering her young body. Seems that the little girls mom had brought her and two other siblings to the trailer park where mom's dad was living/dying. Dad/grandpa needed help because he was so ill that he could not take care of himself. So far this seems harmless enough, but this is where it gets ugly. This particular trailer park it seems is home to quite a few registered sex offenders, dad/grandpa being one of them. The little girls mom comes down with the flu so she sends the girls to stay with a guy in another trailer in the park. According to the paper this guy was not listed in Indiana as a sex offender but had other offenses. He also had arrests in two other states and now is being charged with the murder. I know that being on a sex offender list does not mean that a child was involved. A person can wind up on the list for many reasons and a lot of them very minor offenses. For example, urinating in public might get you on. My question is why in the world would she take her children to a place that was known to be a haven to sex offenders? I find this to be beyond heart wrenching. I first read the article three days ago and just can not get it out of my mind. Those little girls must have a daddy somewhere. Couldn't mom have called him? I am so sick of reading about the neglect and abuse of children in our society any more it is sickening. They are children, born to us to be looked out for. To be taken care of and protected above all else. Yes I said above all else. We are in a society that thinks about number one all of the time, me, me, and the children are left out to the buzzards. The boyfriend beat the baby to death because it cried. They kept the child in a dog cage until he died and buried him in a garbage pile. Mother scalds two year old in bath water. What the hell? Isn't it about time to start holding people accountable for these crimes? Just because you can breed, doesn't mean you should be a parent and a lot of times you shouldn't. I sure hope that in 2012 I don't read any more of this crap or see it on the news, but something tells me I will. So for the New Year my wish is that God Bless the Children and open their parents minds to what is important in this world. Drive Safely this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment