Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Serenity, not today, maybe tomorrow.

If I am going to keep up I need to write something today. I should be doing dishes or cleaning my bedroom but I just can't find it in me to do that right now. Maybe later, after all I still have clean silverware. With this I am serene. I had to go to a small town not far from my own today for an appointment. When heading home I noticed a pack of three males walking along the sidewalk, all about 15. One looked halfway normal. The one in the middle had his hat on backwards, headphones in and his ass hanging out of his falling off and too big pants. The third one was wearing sunglasses and a hoodie that would fit and elephant. I wanted to stop and just slap the crap out of them. Well not exactly, just straighten the ones hat, pull up his pants and tighten his belt, if he had one on, till his eyes bulged out. Then just give the one in the big hoodie the stink eye. I have watched National Geographic, I now that all species have mating rituals. Can anyone tell me what kind of mate one would attract with that kind of get up? Oh wait, I know. Someone with multicolored hair that has not been combed since they were born. Gloves with no fingers attached to them but the fingers sticking out have black polish on them and eye gook that is well' gross. Clothing would be either a skirt so short that it should be on a two year old or pants with holes cut in them with the edges frayed and strategically placed so that more butt cheeks can be seen. Do moms look at their offspring any more when the kid leaves the house? Are these moms afraid to say anything to the fruit of their loins about what they are wearing or what trash can they found it in? Two words; grow up people. It is time to be a parent. Before you know it these children will be procreating and then what? Well I guess it will be easy enough for them with the pants falling off and the skirt so short. The scary part of this is not only will will they be re-producing, but also voting? I know which is scarier, I wrote about that last time. Is it any wonder this country is in the shape it is in? I try to go by the Serenity Prayer on a daily basis. Today I did not know the difference. SERENITY PRAYER God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Oops, did not do this one. courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. (Although known most widely in its abbreviated form above, the entire prayer reads as follows...) Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen. See y'all soon.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of mate??? You forgot lip, tongue, and eye brow piercings!!!!! And remember, there not really looking for mates, just temporary "hook ups'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, you are correct. I did think of the tat's and piercings after I had posted. Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete