Monday, September 24, 2012

Wow, I have done it again. Almost four months since I last wrote anything here. As everyone knows it has been a long hot summer. I so dislike hot weather. I can not even start to tell you how much I hate hot weather. One blog I keep up on is from a wonderful lady that lives in Alaska. I would imagine that if she were to read this she would gladly trade me a week of very hot for her most cold week. I sweat, swell, get beyond bit--y and am just not fun to live with. We have window air conditioners but they are loud and really just don't cut it. I also have a husband on blood thinners so he walks around in long underwear and a sweater when I turn them on. Talk about your Jack Sprat syndrome. I can't walk around naked, well I could but choose not to. We have baseboard heat. That means no duct work. The freezing spouse says we can not get central air. I think if there is a will there is a way. Sure it may not be cheap but neither is succumbing from the heat. I used to think it was because I was so fat. Well I have dropped nearly 50 lbs. and I am still sweating. My total cholesterol has gone down 45 points. I am well on my way to being a lean mean sweating machine. My chemistry is good except of all things my vitamin D was at 6 when they did all my testing. It should be, at it's lowest, 32. I have been taking doses of it now for seven months and it is just now at 31. You know how you get it naturally? Set in the sun. lol lol lol lol. Are you flipping kidding me? Sun = heat. Okay it is only 15 minutes a day but still. The queen of all that is cool does not like to be HOT. That said I take so many meds that are not sun friendly, I just stay out of the sun. On my front page here you will see my spousal units blog; Shop Teacher Bob. He has been busy building our new front porch. It started life as a deck. Not well planned or built. When the steps fell apart I suggested a porch. It took some time but he is on it like white on rice. If you go to his blog you can see a photo of it. He does pictures much better than I do. As for the S.U. (spousal unit) he is doing pretty well. He is working part time at IVY Tech teaching and as a lab tec. He still needs to SLOW D O W N. That is one of the big differences between us. I have slow on pocket dial. He does not even have a pocket. He works until he drops. He tends to have low blood sugar so if you have seen the snicker commercials you know how that can effect a person. So we have to work on that too. I hope that you have enjoyed my little post. I'll try and get back here soon. D.Devia.

1 comment:

  1. You and I are polar opposites. I love the heat and am already freezing in our barely-autumn weather. I even turned on my furnace two days ago.

    ReplyDelete